Summer Fare


Peach Cobbler from Alice Waters - The Art of Simple Food.


Our dinner last night - Thousand Hills local beef, heirloom tomato, Wisconsin spinich. I like my burger on an English muffin. I grill it lightly on the oiled griddle where I make the burgers. Wisconsin cucumber salad - maybe our favorite salad. Recipe below.


Cucumber - Feta Salad (For 2)

Peel and slice a cucumber.
Toss in about 1/2 cup crumbled or sliced feta. (I prefer French Sheep's Milk feta - the quality does make a difference.)
Add 1 - 2 slices of red onion (depending on your preference for onion) that has been cut into quarters so that you have slices of onion rather than little chopped pieces.

Add about 2 T Brown Rice vinegar.
Add olive oil - I just pour - but it is probably about 2 -3 T.

Add pepper. Usually, the feta is salty enough that you don't need salt.

Buon apetito!

Comments

Popular Posts