Dreaming Italian


A charming Milanese - love the sox! (from Sartorialist 9/24/10)


Miuccia Prada (from Sartorialist) after her recent show in Milan


Lee is viscerally sensing the change of seasons - this is not a pleasant thing for a melancholic. He noted tonight that Santa Monica has 3 extra minutes of sunlight in the evening than we do. THREE F...ing MINUTES! He's counting 3 minutes and making it a significant thing. It's a bummer and why he lived in LA for 3 years.

Don't get me wrong. Although I love Minnesota most of the year, you don't want to be around me in March - I despise it. I loathe it. I actually even loathe April. I lived in Charleston South Carolina for eight years and March and April in Charleston is something like heaven on this earth. it is jasmine and camelia and azalea, bursting like fireworks. It is soothingly moist and warm and something akin to new life, to birth. It is the opposite of Minnesota with its gray melting hills of ice, sloppy puddles and salt stained cars, coats and ruined shoes, soot-colored trees and chalky skies. And, did I mention the dampness that chills to the bone.

Could I be more clear? I HATE March and April in Minneapolis.

But....I don't anticipate my hatred. I can remember it, but I don't feel it before it comes. Lee feels it COMING. Before it arrives, he feels it. I don't.

So, as a woman who loves her man, I am workin' it to find a way out this winter and spring. Thinking LA in January and Rome in March. I've never been to Rome. And isn't that where all roads lead? How could I have missed it? I'm 57. Thinking we'll leave on his 60th birthday on March 14.

Keep you posted. For now...here's a little Italian inspiration. How good is this?

Comments

  1. I might be with Lee - I get all out of sorts when Fall hits...9 winters here and I'll never wrap my brain around it ;) Rome sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts