The Cliched Doors of Florence






Ok, I know - there is probably already a calendar out there called "The Doors of Florence". Whatever...I like doorways. And as this is my final day in Florence (on this trip only!) I am looking at my photos, recalling the sweet time passed here. And I thought I would post a few of my favorites. I get a little sad when I am leaving this city like the parting of lovers who won't see each other for awhile. I guess, honestly, it is the same feeling I have when Lee and I are saying goodbye, heading off to our respective cities. I linger on images - the slipcovered chairs here in the Library at the British Institute, the stained stucco on the Corsini Palazzo across the street. I smile at the lilt in the voice of the Librarian here. It is as if she is singing the Italian language instead of speaking it. Oh, there is little more to say - just come to Florence.

Comments

Popular Posts