Inspiration on the Cheap




Some things that make me happy in my own apartment - an old (unpolished!) silver bowl filled with shells - it sits on a Chinese elm chair I found at an antique store and in front of an Italian gilt mirror I also found at an antique store - years ago.



I'm finally slowing down enough to spend the weekend with friends - my books! Every so often, I need a hit of inspiration and I find it looking at my European magazines and books. Here's my current favorite. Vervoordt is an antiquarian and designer - both of architecture and interiors. He's got it going. Don't look for '70's retro, mid-century this or that, lime green and orange patterns. This is about materials, age, texture, and finishes. Ok, a little color now and then, but not much.

Happy Sunday! Find a good magazine.

Comments

Popular Posts