New York: First 24 Hours

I made my first mistake when I got off the plane. I took a cab from Newark Airport and it cost me (PLEASE DON'T TELL ANYONE THIS!) $93.00. I wanted to throw up.

My alarm went off at 3:59 AM. I was out of bed by 4:15, showering, feeding cats, finishing my packing, organizing my client files and in a cab at 5:30 AM. By the time I got to Newark at 10:45, I was ready for a cab. Not a Super Shuttle that takes another 2 hours to my apartment. The movers were there and I wanted to be in the thick of it! So I took a cab and literally felt sick all the way into the city as I realized how much I was spending.

But, que sera. I just realized that part of learning about how to survive in New York is how to do things the economical, smart way. When to spend - when not to spend. Where to go for groceries, wine, hardware. It's a learning curve. And we are learning!

I learned that I will never take a cab from Newark again - unless I am sharing it with someone else.

Comments

Popular Posts