Ten Things I Can't Live Without

Okay, that's a little dramatic. But, I love those articles in Elle Decor or wherever they are. Someone famous gets asked what they can't live without and they list the things with photos and most of the things cost a gazillion dollars and then two of the things are from nature - peonies or lilacs or their Jack Russell, Andre.

So, I'm driving home tonight from dinner with my friend Lucy. Well, Lucy and her husband, David, took "our" apartment in Florence this summer per our urging and tonight at dinner she showed me the pictures on her computer and I literally got goosebumpy and teary when she said her most memorable moment was when they threw open the doors to the terrace and opened the shutters on the window only to reveal Il Duomo. I know the feeling and it can't be beat.

It made me think of the things I have most cherished in life and one thing led to another and I decided to do a Top Ten List of My Own. But I think I'll do it in the "LIST" side of the blog so it hangs around for awhile - would love to hear yours! Please respond in any techno way you can do it. Not to worry about form - it' s the feeling that matters. Bring it on.

What are the top ten things you can't live without??????

Comments

  1. Oh! I want to play! I love those lists!

    1. My 2007 Subaru Outback Sport. Just big enough for me, my husband, our dog, and whatever we need for a week somewhere.
    2. Nice pajamas. I work at home so they're my work clothes.
    3. Yogi Tea lemon ginger. I buy it by the case.
    4. Duke Ellington & John Coltrane, In a Sentimental Mood.
    5. Heath Ceramics. Every time I go to San Francisco to see my dad, I beg him to drive me to Sausalito so I can plunder their factory store.
    6. Russell + Hazel composition books.
    7. Giovanni Lavender Calm towelettes.
    8. Sunspire Coconut Bar. A dark chocolate, natural foods coop rendition of a Mounds bar.
    9. Balinese silver earrings. They go with everything. They're not John Hardy but they look very similar. Whenever my sister sees them, she reminds me to leave them to her in my will.
    10. My MacBook.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts