Izzy's Home - The Kitchen is Alive




Izzy's home. She arrived a week ago tonight. For those of you who don't know about her heart condition (why does that sound like something a grandma has?) if you go back to the April posts, you'll see that, while in Madrid, she discovered she has atrial fibrillation and probably needs surgery. For now, she is on heart meds. I didn't worry so much when she was in Spain. I am soooo "out of sight, out of mind" it is sad. I am that way with Lee when I am in Minneapolis and he is in NY. But when I am with the people I love, I am an absolute meddler. So now that she is home, I worry more.

But...we'll see what happens. We go to a cardiologist later this month.

In the meantime, we are cooking together and it is so wonderful to have someone in the kitchen with me - is there anything better for those of us who love to cook? The other night, when we had Lee's son, Landon, his partner, Karen and their 2 year old, Miles, here for a long visit from Boulder, Izzy and I cooked dinner for everyone the night before they left. Boiled shrimp, mixed greens with avocado and walnuts - more mixed greens with micro greens and veggies, bruschetta, melon. And vino. And good conversation.

How much I love the shared, homemade meal!

Comments

Popular Posts