Izzy

It's hard to find the words to say much right now. So, the best I can do is talk about food.

Izzy at work at Kelly and Tom's - placing avocado on the gazpacho.

The panzanella - without question one of my summery favorites! Top it with a grilled tenderloin!

Izzy's gazpacho.

My plate with the proscuitto-wrapped shrimp. Bliss.


First, Isabelle Donovan can cook. My almost 22-year old daughter wowed us with her capacity to just take charge of the kitchen, the food, the presentation - and even the clean up.

After Dad's funeral on Thursday, she orchestrated his famous macaroni and cheese, Clancey's brats (which are the most delicious things you can imagine - made fresh each week at Clancey's in Linden Hills), a kitchen sink salad (about which I've posted before), roasted asparagus with olive oil, lemon and garlic. For 16 people. She did it like she was rolling over in bed.

Last night, we had dinner with my dear "brothers" Kelly and Tom at their place. We are all fried from the last few weeks, so we offered to bring food if they offered their home. Deal. Izzy made gazpacho, proscuitto wrapped shrimp on the grill and a Panzanella salad with fresh bufalo mozzarella from Broders. Jeesh! It was 95 degrees when we arrived and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect summer meal. All without a recipe...just her own sense of how to put the ingredients together.

Lee was still talking about it today. I'm just so stunned to get food at home that is so much better than almost anything I can buy out. It is such a treat.

So...all you readers...if you know of a cool job for an amazing caterer / cook, party planner AND an amazing blogger, tweeter and facebooker ABOUT FOOD (social media for a restaurant, food company, etc.) I've got your gal!

Plus, she can arrange flowers!

Comments

Popular Posts