stuff

I really have been thinking about things.
I just haven't put my fingers to the keyboard.

I can't get my head around the future of my blog. It seems not to fit with my design work - I'm afraid I'll offend someone or say something stupid and regret it.

So Lee and I discussed using a pseudonym - two of my writer friends do that. They have "day jobs" and have to look all buttoned up for those so they write under a different name.

Lee suggested "Rocky Mountains" - he'd heard of a stripper named that and thought it was pretty funny.
Funny it is.
But, I don't think it's a fit for me. Still, I about fell out of my chair laughing.

So, I'm still working on it.

Until then, here is something that made me happy this week.

I just got this photo from Susan Gilmore  - she took it of a little powder room I did with Jean Rehkamp in Kenwood -  it used to be a closet! I had this amazing old mirror in my collection and saw how perfect it was for this spot. This is an example of how magical a space can be when a client lets go. She just let us go for it. Look at the wallpaper! Silver leaf hand cut papers from Phillip Jeffries. And I love the old world curtain of linen.



The other thing that made me happy this week is watching the movie "Hugo" by Martin Scorcese and Johnny Depp - I fell in love with the lovely Isabelle and her outfit!








Comments

Popular Posts