What the Heck...

...have I been doing for 2 weeks? I feel like a noodle in this heat - love it - but feel like doing pretty much nothing. On Sunday, I was in my pjs until 4 in the afternoon. Took a shower then, did a little cookin' in - and never, ever left the apartment. That means I never left the confluence of 72-degree rooms forming our apartment. I didn't go to the car, to the bar, to the entry, nothing. Stayed put in my cotton pajamas and t-shirt. Bliss out.


I don't even know what I did. Got up at 10, sat in front of the fan with my cappuccino, read the Times, read some of the books on my bedside table - so confusing because I am literally reading five right now - I want one for every mood!

For the heck of it...I am reading:

Virginia Woolf  - Moments of Being

Elizabeth Gilbert - Eat, Pray, Love (for the 3rd time and studying it for writing lessons.)

Mary Karr - Lit (for the second time, ditto. Think this is brilliant.)

Mark Doty - Heaven's Coast - (for an example of a heavy duty memoir with lots of exposition.Also brilliant but a bit too "oh, look what a smart writer I am" for me. Makes me scream for Hemmingway.)

Forget the author - Let's Pretend this Never Happened. (funny memoir, but not that funny yet.)

What are you reading this summer! Please tell me. i will be done with all these in a week and I seriously panic when I don't have a book. In fact, let's start a new program. KEEP ALECIA'S NIGHTSTAND FILLED WITH BOOKS. Just send your ideas!

I"m not a huge reader of novels, though always open - love Ann Patchett and Hemingway!

All I want to do this summer is check out and read and write. 

Just cooking simple food like this Juevos Rancheros, reading ...and playin' a little croquet.

Lee's fave...juevos....

full of cilantro
510 Groveland Mallet Club

Sorry, team - not regulation uniform!


Sadly, I have to report that Lee's mom is not well so we are on high alert for a quick trip to Boulder for her passing (yeh, I know some people thing that is a sorrowful word for death, but I happen to think it is beautiful because I think it IS a passing from one world to another - not to Heaven, exactly, but to something beyond this physical world) Bags are packed, ipad charged. But, isn't that what summer should be? Fluid.

All for now.

Love
Alecia







Comments

  1. I recommend Adam Grant's "Give and Take" -- I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts