Instagram - starting to bug me.

Carl Jung


Oh, dear. I'm starting to be bugged by Instagram. I think it would bug Carl Jung too.

How precious it is!
Life is so beautiful on Instagram.
And it seems that everyone's life is beautiful - including mine, of course!

I don't know what to do with this new attitude I have developed.
I thought of putting photos of my cat box, the mess in the corner of the kitchen, the stack of bills to be paid, the ugly salt stains on my winter boots, the trashy mess of the floor mat in my car....but that seems uninspired. How I look when I wake up in the morning. But, who should have to look at that!

But, I feel compelled to make this point.


No, it's not all good!

Instagram is just a little too precious to be real. I feel like we are all trying to be Gwenyth Paltrow.

We all have children. They are all adorable - sometimes.
And sometimes not (and those moments never make it to Instagram.)

We have moments when we look good (and those go on Instagram) and we have moments when we look bad (and those don't.)

We have insights when we see beauty and post it.
And sometimes life is really ugly (and don't post that so much.)

What would Carl Jung say about Instagram and the shadow? See here by clicking the link:

Shadow definition on wikipedia

I would love an Instagram celebrating the shadow. I think the shadow is so much more interesting!

So, what to do? I guess the answer is obvious.

No one cares what you think about this, Alecia.





Comments

  1. I agree with your post and value what you think, or else wouldn't be reading your blog.

    We need a little more reality and less perfection in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts