Wisdom for the Week

I was talking to my Mom about life. She's 83 and still pretty darn cool and smart. Book club, works out at her little Senior center there in Northfield, goes to an acupuncturist and says Namaste at the end of her prayers.

Anyway we were talking about money and how great it is when you save it. Because recently I have had the idea that there are at least two things in life you NEVER REGRET.

There are probably more.

But, for sure, you don't regret these:


1.  Saving money - for the long haul or the short haul. Having for when you are 80 or having it to take a great trip or having it to buy a home or having it to buy some new clothes. Never ever have I heard someone say "I wish I hadn't saved that money."

2. Exercising - Like, again, have you ever heard anyone say - wow, what a waste of all those years of staying healthy! Never. Never. Ever. Even when it's hard, I have never thought. Wow- I wish I hadn't gone to that yoga class. Or what a dumb thing to run the lake today!


So, that's my wisdom for the week. I"m starting to feel older when I start spouting wisdom.

Anything else you'd add to the list? Bet there are some things about spending time with people you love.....

Comments

Popular Posts