When Things are Simple

I don't have a photo because I ate it before I could take a picture. My dinner: sitting here alone at my desk in Minneapolis emailing (almost like instant messaging) my friend, Anna, who is in New York. (The cook extraordinaire and the friend who has lighted on my life like an angel.) Glass of wine, roasted asparagus with roasted walnuts, shaved parmesan, balsamic and olive oil - homemade hummos and crackers. Yum. Food. Friends. Painting my bedroom this afternoon to spiff it up before Lee comes home for the summer. In total denial that when he arrives, I will live with suitcases, books, notebooks and stacks of dissertation notes for 6 weeks. None of it will be in any way organized to my liking. But, he will be here with me.

Now, to bed with a bomb of a book. "Truth and Beauty" by Ann Patchett.

Life is good.

Comments

Popular Posts