Dad's Passing

Dad passed from this earthly life last evening. It was simply the most profound, beautiful, mysterious experience I have had since giving birth. We were all there. In the room, there was nothing to breathe but love.

My brother and I were reading Joseph Campbell this week - the whole process of dying seems so mythological. We found a quote - this one from the tale of Parzival - one of Campbell's favorite stories of the hero's journey. It describes my father as I could not.

He was gifted with the paired virtues of courage and compassion, to which was added loyalty. And it was through his steadfastness in these--not supernatural grace--that he won , at last, the Grail.

Thank you all for your care, your words, your prayers for me and my family during this time. I am so grateful for the friends and clients in my life. We all just know when life matters so deeply, that everything else drops away.

Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts