Cultural Indoctrination - a Twins Game


Lee at the bus stop. Bus came and we didn't get on. Duh.


Train Station Stop at the field. Before the train....


When the train arrives....


View of the field.


View from the Budweiser Deck. Yes, that's right. Budweiser deck. I was expecting Hooters waitresses.


Lee and me. Some nice, happy drunk lady seated next to us took this.


Fireworks after the game.


Two weeks of life on the prairie and we are getting into the groove. Even Lee, about whom I was a little worried, seems at peace. We are walking Lake Harriet almost daily to get in the 3.5 miles that the average New Yorker walks every day, which keeps them in really great shape. I am back seeing clients almost daily and reminded how much I love that part of my work. I'm selecting hardware and attending cabinet design meetings, shopping for lighting and antiques. Pinch me. I miss the shops in New York, but that is not where my clients live. I miss my clients when I am in New York. And our friends...well, what to say? Last night we dropped in on the Watsons and Carrie had a fresh apricot tart on the counter - with that beautiful hand-rolled crust that just folds over on itself - and is baked on a pie sheet. So divine. She has a new cookbook and we were the beneficiaries.

Other things to be happy about:

Lee is especially happy they have French's mustard in the restaurants - he never took a liking to the spicy brown mustard they eat on the East Coast. And he's such a mustard nut that I thought I might have to buy him a holster just to carry his French's around in New York.

We went to a Twins game in the new outdoor stadium - guests of Joe and Carrie Watson - and they were nice enough to include my 80-year old parents are are Twins maniacs. I really can't put in much time with sports, but this was so sweet - in an Americana kind of way. Clean, new, fresh, civilized, lots of kids and some older people. Plenty of Twins gear and beer and hot dogs that were just delicious. I wore something that looked like I should have been in the Hamptons, but that is so me - just always a little off when it comes to dressing for occasions about which I know NOTHING.

We heard that parking was a mess, so we tried to take a bus, but let the bus we needed go by without getting on. We were totally clueless. So we took a cab downtown and felt right at home - what a good idea! We had a ride home with Joe and Carrie. My parents took the light rail and their last stop was smack in front of Gate 6 where we needed to enter. The train was loaded with people. It couldn't have been slicker and it made me very happy to see Minneapolis at least nibbling on the idea of public transportation. It makes us much more cool. :-)

So, here are some shots from our night out in the city. We won the game near the end, and the fireworks that followed (although kind of duddy if you ask me - I like the big Cinderella's skirt kind of fireworks, not the popping light kind) were a sparkling ending to the night.

Comments

Popular Posts