360 Gallery - This Saturday



Over the past two weeks I've been working with Lee and his / our web designer to launch his website and  happily spreading the word about his first workshop / retreat at the end of January. So many people / friends / clients have responded and will be there. I am going to feel like it is MY party - not his.

He just keeps saying, "Jeez, Alecia, you have cool friends."

He's right.

That is the prelude to this post. I've been honking his program, and as a nice German-Norwegian-English girl, it isn't nice to toot your own horn, so I have shirked my responsibility to spread the word about an opening at Gallery 360 this Saturday 7 - 10. (If you have Tevo and can tape the Tebow-Brady matchup at the same time on Saturday night or if you can even stand to WAIT to see it!)

Merry, the owner of the inspirational 360 Gallery at 3011 West 50th (50th just east of Xerxes) is having a reception to open a new show of artists. Well, I am one of them. MOI! There are 5 artists in all, I think.

I can't quite believe it, but she really liked my photos from Italy and wanted to show them, so who is to refuse that? She helped me select two especially for the show - and this woman has a really amazing eye. She saw things I never saw in my own photos. And she passed on photos I thought were good. I LOVE what I learned from her.

So, just tell me what to do, what to print, what to frame and hand me a stack of postcards to mail out (which I haven't done), write up an artist's statement (which I haven't done) and show up on Saturday night looking artsy. I can do it.

SO - I guess this is another be there or be square. Show up for some wine, food, art and some really good jewelry if you are in a buying mood! I SWEAR by her jewelry. Then go home and watch the taped version of the Tebow magic.

Hope to see you!

Comments

  1. Congratulations! Such a great venue for your work.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. Bravo, Alecia! -Megan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts