Freud's Office and Something about Libido



http://www.londonleben.co.uk (source of this photo)


Why do I love this so much? I was reading about the meaning of the word "libido" per Freud and Jung's interpretations of it. I knew they saw it as a force toward a generative life - life forces - as well as sexual energy. My libido - as a life force and sexual energy - has been turbulent, unstable; strong one moment in one area of my life, but missing in action altogether in another. This chaos is both exciting and exhausting.

But, I can feel it is now coming into some balance with a little help from my friends, my acupuncturist, my therapist and my husband, my children and little bit of prayer. So, on the way to finding out more about libido - I found this.

It made me happy. I am such a shallow person. :-)

Happy weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts