Keeping it Simple by Accident




Really, it's not on purpose that it is simple. It's that I have way too much on my TO DO list this week. I got the last "Natural Balsam" at Bachman's - poor straggly thing, but it was 40% off and I could see it needed adopting. Then, I bought new strings of Christmas lights at Target because I couldn't bear to dig through my storage room knee deep in Izzy's boxes to find the torn grocery bag of lights, untangle them and then realize that I am missing that one link - the single light bulb - so none of them work. I am not putting decorations on this year.

I had planned to buy brown kraft paper to wrap my gifts, but they were out of it at Target and the next thing I saw was plain white in the wedding gift wrap section and that seemed okay, so I bought it. It took me about 2 seconds to make that decision.

Now that my little Charlie Brown tree is standing proudly in the corner of our room, scalloped with lights, and I see the plain white paper packages without even so much as raffia tying it up, which I thought I would need, but don't....this makes me happy. Very happy to be simple and without so much as trying.

Comments

  1. I just love your Christmas tree...I will remember next uear...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts