MILFS, DILFS and WOLVES

Tonight we had dinner at our apartment with two of our dearest friends who shall remain nameless.
At some point, after I had denounced the label of "mother" as my primary identity (since my children are now grown) Lee looked at me and said, You are a crone.

Well I had a hunch that wasn't very flattering. But he had hoped it was! Fortunately, I was in a laughing mood so I said something light-hearted. In Jungian psychology, there is the Crone Archetype - sort of the wise woman. Well, after I sputtered about being called a crone, Lee asked, Well, what would you like to be? And, btw, I'll go look up the etymology of the word crone.

Well, crone is really bad! Ugly, witchy, nail like teeth in a round mouth, hag!
I am not a crone!

In the meantime, we are now on a role. Our male friend says, Well you want to be a hottie thing, not a crone. Or maybe you want to be a MILF.

What is a MILF ? I ask?

It's a "mother I'd like to f.." a la Jon Stewart.

Okay. Well, I DO NOT want to be a MILF. What a creepy thing for your kids! No, no MILF for me!

So then one of them said, well who are some MILFs?
Well, of course Sarah Palin is a MILF for some men.

And I said, I don't want to know who you think are MILFs ! Unless I get to name a few FILFs! Or DILFs!

That sent off a chain of laughter. My girlfriend and I high-fived.

But the funniest thing is that Lee kept calling them "WOLFS" - not MILFS. (Not "wolves" but WOLFS)

So then we got into this crazy thing about what a WOLF means- and there is plenty of Freudian and Jungian stuff about that - and maybe it even wiggles its way into the gay scene, but, really I don't want to go there.

I don't even want to think about MILFS! I don't want to be a MILF. YUCK!

I want to be sensibly attractive but I don't want to be an ACRONYM!

I'm going to bed now with my my DILF OR WOLF OR WHATEVER HE IS.

xo
a

Comments

Popular Posts